A Little Bit About Me!

Hi! I'm Elizabeth but I commonly go by other nicknames such as Liz and Lizzy. As you may have inferred by the name of my blog, I have a long history with the sport of gymnastics and I am here to share my experiences with you all.
I started in the toddler gymnastics classes when I was 3 years old, just like a lot of other little girls did. Most people would stay in the toddler classes for a few years and then move on to other sports such as soccer and swimming...but that was not the case for me. I fell in love with the sport and continued to pursue it. Yeah, I tried out dance and soccer for a little bit, but I always ended up asking to do gymnastics again.
After doing classes for a few years, I tried out for the competition team at 9 years old and made it! I competed in gymnastics until I was a senior in high school. Throughout this time period, I had joined many different teams at different gyms because I am in a military family so we tend to move around a lot. The practices progressively got harder and longer as I got into higher levels of gymnastics. I loved going to competitions and seeing my hard work pay off.
Once I reached high school, I decided to be part of two gymnastics teams at the same time: my club team and my high school team. At this point I was practicing for 4-6 hours a day during the week, 8 hours on Saturdays, and had multiple competitions a week in the winter. This all eventually paid off when I became Virginia's All Around State Champion in 2016. I had won many medals in my years before that, but this championship was one of my proudest moments. Unfortunately, in my senior year of high school, I was forced to quit gymnastics due to injuries from my long time I had spent in the sport at that time.
Now, you may be asking yourself why I would put so much effort into this sport when I had no intentions of becoming a college athlete and trust me, at some of my really hard practices, I would ask myself the same thing. I would then remind myself that gymnastics is one of the best sports to work every part of your body, keep you in shape, teach you discipline, build bonds with teammates, and learn how to overcome obstacles. That is why I love gymnastics. It is not the easiest sport, it is not the safest sport, and it is not the sport for everyone, but it is the sport for me.
I am here on this blog to teach you a little bit about my favorite sport and share what I have learned from my experiences as a gymnast. I hope I can help open your eyes to this sport and help you fall in love with gymnastics just as I did when I was 3 years old!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weird Rules in Gymnastics

The Different Types of Gymnastics

The 4 Events in Women's Gymnastics